Dear Grade Three Parents,

We did an addition check-in.  Can I add 1-digit, 2-digit and 3-digit numbers and show my thinking by drawing base ten blocks or by pulling numbers apart into their place value?



We started a new unit in gym: floor hockey! We learned about the parts of the stick (shaft and blade), saw some great stick handling by Patrick Kane and practiced our own stick handling skills. Ask me how it went.


With pink shirt day tomorrow, we learned how that day got started.  This year's slogan is Lift Each Other Up.  Ask me how I have lifted someone up or how someone has lifted me up.

We learned 2 things about pulleys today.  See if I remember what they are.


Reminders:

  • Many students have overdue library books signed out.  Their library books should stay in their backpack to read at school or at home and can easily be returned when needed.
  • Pink Shirt Day is tomorrow.  Students are encouraged to wear a pink shirt if they have one
  • Grade 3 music club students will be presenting at both assemblies and those parents are welcome to attend either assembly time (10:30 a.m. or 11:40 a.m.) The grade 3, 4 and 5 classes will be at the 11:40 a.m. assembly.
  • Deadline to order a school T-shirt or hoodie is Thursday, February 29.  You might consider ordering next year's grade colour now.

Comments

Popular Posts