Dear Grade Three Parents,

 
We are reviewing the steps for solving 2-digit subtraction questions that don't require regrouping and showing our thinking by drawing base ten blocks, pulling apart numbers into their place value (expanded form) or the traditional algorithm.  Ask me how I felt about answering these questions and if I could practice more at home.
There was a lockdown practice this morning that went well. During Makerspace we continued to learn about u-turns, direction codes and how to problem solve when our Ozobots didn't do what we expected.


We continued to work on our cause and effect If...then.... sentences. Ask me how I would handle these different scenarios.
Ask me what I remember about pulleys from this book and what levers are in our classroom.  Where do we see pulleys in real-life. Maybe do a pulley and lever scavenger hunt at home.

Reminders:

  • Many students have overdue library books signed out.  Their library books should stay in their backpack to read at school or at home and can easily be returned when needed.
  • Thursday, March 7 is Healthy Hunger Cobs treat-deadline to order is Saturday, Mar. 2
  • Deadline to order a school T-shirt or hoodie is today at 6 p.m.  You might consider ordering next year's grade colour now. T-shirts are $15 and hoodies are $35.

Sincerely,
The Grade Threes

Comments

Popular Posts