Dear parents,


We learned some more about different traditions that happen during Diwali. Follow this link to read about it some more from home: https://kids.nationalgeographic.com/pages/article/diwali 


We looked at rangoli, a type of artwork done during The Festival of Lights. We talked about its bright colours and symmetrical design. Ask me what we learned that people believe rangoli does when someone creates it at the front door of their home.


Ms. Sato showed us a way to make our own Rangoli using coffee filters. Ask me how she did it.




Ask me what part of my rangoli I am most proud of.





After that, we went outside to try to make our rangoli with sidewalk chalk. Ask me what was most difficult about doing it this way. Ask me what was most fun about doing it this way.

Reminders:
  • NLS apparel went home today.
  • As we get into using technology more for our learning, please have your child bring headphones (if possible) that are kept in a labelled baggie in their backpack.
  • Healthy Hunger pizza lunch next Thursday, November 23
  • Parent-teacher conferences next Thursday, November 23 from 4:30-7:00 and Friday, November 24 from 10:30-2:00.

Comments

Popular Posts